WEBSITE TERMS AND CONDITIONS
PLEASE READ THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS CAREFULLY BEFORE USING THIS SITE
What’s in these terms?
These terms tell you the rules for using our website https://www.cancerpreventionresearch.co.uk (our site). You should read these terms carefully before using the site.
Click on the links below to go straight to more information on each area:
- Who we are and how to contact us
- By using our site you accept these terms
- There are other terms that may apply to you
- We may make changes to these terms
- We may make changes to our site
- We may suspend or withdraw our site
- We may transfer this agreement to someone else
- Our site is only for users in England
- You must keep your account details safe
- How you may use material on our site
- Do not rely on information on this site
- We are not responsible for websites we link to
- Our responsibility for loss or damage suffered by you
- How we may use your personal information
- We are not responsible for viruses and you must not introduce them
- Rules about linking to our site
- Which country’s laws apply to any disputes?
1) Who we are and how to contact us
https://www.cancerpreventionreserarch.co.uk is a site operated by The Cancer Research Prevention Trust (“We”). We are a registered charity in England and Wales and regulated by the Charity Commission (Charity Number 265985) and registered with the Fundraising Regulator. We have our registered office at Cobden House, 231 Roehampton lane, London, SW15 4LB.
To contact us, please email email@example.com or telephone 020 8785 7786.
2) By using our site you accept these terms
The Site is for your personal and non-commercial use only.
We recommend that you print a copy of these terms for future reference.
3) There are other terms that may apply to you
4) We may make changes to these terms
We amend these terms from time to time. Every time you wish to use our site, please check these terms to ensure you understand the terms that apply at that time.
5) We may make changes to our site
We may update and change our site from time to time. We will try to give you reasonable notice of any major changes.
6) Use of the site
Our site is made available free of charge for information purposes only.
We do not guarantee that our site, or any content on it, will always be available or be uninterrupted. We may suspend or prevent or restrict the availability of all or any part of our site for business and operational reasons or if you do not comply with any part of these terms, any terms or policies to which they refer or any applicable law.
We seek to make the site as accessible as possible. If you have any difficulties using the site, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and/or use website accessibility tools.
If you believe any content which is distributed or published by the site is inappropriate, defamatory
7) We may transfer this agreement to someone else
We may transfer our rights and obligations under these terms to another organisation. We will always tell you in writing if this happens and we will ensure that the transfer will not affect your rights under the contract.
8) Our site is only for users in England
Our site is directed to people residing in England. We do not represent that the site and the content available on or through our site is appropriate for use or available in other locations. If you choose to access the site from locations outside of the UK, you acknowledge that you do so at your own initiative and are responsible for local laws where they are applicable.
9) You must keep your account details safe
If you choose, or you are provided with, a user identification code, password or any other piece of information as part of our security procedures, you must treat such information as confidential. You must not disclose it to any third party.
If you know or suspect that anyone other than you knows your user identification code or password, you must promptly notify us at email@example.com.
10) How you may use material on our site
We are the owner or the licensee of all intellectual property rights in our site, and in the material published on it. Intellectual property rights means rights such as: copyright, trade marks, domain names, design rights, database rights, patents and all other intellectual property rights of any kind whether or not they are registered or unregistered This means, for example, that we and our licensors reserve all of our rights in any intellectual property in connection with these terms. This means, for example, that we and they remain owners of them and free to use them as we and they see fit.
Nothing in these terms grants you any legal rights in the site other than as necessary to enable you to access the site. You agree not to adjust or to try to circumvent or delete and notices contained on the site (including any intellectual property notices) and in particular in any digital rights or other security technology embedded or contained in the site.
You are not permitted to use our name or logo without our approval, unless they are part of the material you are using as permitted under this term.
You may print off one copy, and may download extracts, of any page(s) from our site for your personal use and you may draw the attention of others within your organisation to content posted on our site.
You must not modify the paper or digital copies of any materials you have printed off or downloaded in any way, and you must not use any illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences or any graphics separately from any accompanying text.
Our status (and that of any identified contributors) as the authors of content on our site must always be acknowledged.
You must not use any part of the content on our site for commercial purposes without obtaining a licence to do so from us or our licensors.
11) Do not rely on information on this site
The content on our site is provided for general information only. It is not intended to amount to medical advice on which you should rely. You must obtain professional or specialist individual medical advice relating to your individual position before taking, or refraining from taking, any action on the basis of the content on our site.
Although we make reasonable efforts to update the information on our site, we make no representations, warranties or guarantees, whether express or implied, that the content on our site is accurate, complete or up to date.
You agree that you are solely responsible for all costs and expenses that you may incur in relation to your use of the site.
12) We are not responsible for websites we link to
Where our site contains links to other sites and resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for your information only. Such links should not be interpreted as approval by us of those linked websites or information you may obtain from them. We have no control over the contents of those sites or resources and accept no legal responsibility for any content, material or information contained on them. Your use of a third party site may be governed by the terms and conditions of that third party site and is at your own risk.
13) Our responsibility for loss or damage suffered by you
Whether you are a consumer or a business user:
- We do not exclude or limit in any way our liability to you where it would be unlawful to do so. This includes liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence or the negligence of our employees, agents or subcontractors and for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation.
If you are a business user:
- We exclude all implied conditions, warranties, representations or other terms that may apply to our site or any content on it.
- We will not be liable to you for any loss or damage, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, even if foreseeable, arising under or in connection with use of, or inability to use, our site; or use of or reliance on any content displayed on our site. In particular, we will not be liable for:
- loss of profits, sales, business, or revenue;
- business interruption;
- loss of anticipated savings;
- loss of business opportunity, goodwill or reputation; or
- any indirect or consequential loss or damage.
If you are a consumer user:
- Please note that we only provide our site for domestic and private use. You agree not to use our site for any commercial or business purposes, and we have no liability to you for any loss of profit, loss of business, business interruption, or loss of business opportunity.
14) How we may use your personal information
15) We are not responsible for viruses and you must not introduce them
We do not guarantee that our site will be secure or free from bugs or viruses.
You are responsible for configuring your information technology, computer programmes and platform to access our site. You should use your own virus protection software.
You must not misuse our site by knowingly introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material that is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to our site, the server on which our site is stored or any server, computer or database connected to our site. You must not attack our site via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack. By breaching this provision, you would commit a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990. We will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and we will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use our site will cease immediately.
16) Rules about linking to our site
You may link to our home page, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it.
You must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists.
You must not establish a link to our site in any website that is not owned by you.
Our site must not be framed on any other site, nor may you create a link to any part of our site other than the home page.
We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice.
If you wish to link to or make any use of content on our site other than that set out above, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
We will try and resolve any disputes with you quickly and efficiently.
If you are unhappy with us please contact us as soon as possible.
If you and we cannot resolve a dispute with you using our complaint handling procedure, we will let you know that we cannot the settle the dispute with you and give you certain information about our alternative dispute resolution provider.